Eddie Sullivan PO Box 311 Folly Beach, SC 29439 contact
- Development Tools and Environments: Windows, UNIX/Linux, Django, VxWorks, Nucleus Plus, Tornado II, Flash/ActionScript.
- Other Technologies: CSS, AJAX, (X)HTML, SQL.
Chicken Wing SoftwareSeptember 2006 to PresentFounder, Software Engineer
- Designed and developed desktop software in C# and .NET. Recent clients have included the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Usability Works.
- UX Ideas and Dev Ideas - An innovative new interactive presentation platform combining video and slides.
- Secure payment system for Perfetti Media Workshops - Implemented in Python using the Django framework, allows event registrants to pay by credit card or PayPal. The administrative interface allows the site admin to monitor registrations, adjust event descriptions, and create discount codes.
- Scopa - A real-time multiplayer card game for the Facebook Platform with over 30,000 users.
- The Chorderator - An easy-to-use suite of web-apps for guitar players.
- The Guitarator - A desktop version of the Chorderator suite, written in C# and .NET. (I also developed the online store.)
- Best Texas Hold'em - A full-featured online poker site.
Gemstar / TV Guide OnscreenJune 2004 to September 2006Senior Firmware Engineer
- Designed and developed embedded software in C and desktop software in Microsoft C# .NET.
- Worked as part of a team developing a leading-edge Electronic Program Guide, for integration into televisions, DVD-recorders, PVRs, etc.
- Worked directly with multinational customers to integrate the TV Guide Onscreen EPG into their products. As Lead Engineer for several integration projects, participated in on-site meetings and weekly conference calls.
Juniper Networks (formerly Unisphere)September 2001 to January 2004Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed embedded software in C and C++, using the VxWorks RTOS.
- Worked on control processor software for the following network protocols: Sonet, Ds3, Ds1, HDLC, and Ethernet.
- Designed and implemented low-level device drivers, worked to bring up and debug new hardware, including PCI controllers, network interface controllers, and custom FPGAs and ASICs.
- Worked on system-level software for redundancy, hardware monitoring, CLI interaction, and software download.
Starent NetworksJanuary 2001 to June 2001Software Engineer
- Developed software in C, C++, and Perl for a Linux platform as part of a startup company creating the next generation of high-speed mobile wireless infrastructure (3G wireless).
- Designed and implemented the system startup sequence and dynamic task creation sequence for a large-scale, carrier-class networking product.
- Designed and implemented a software simulation environment on the Linux operating system, to simulate the entire software system on a desktop PC.
Arris Interactive (formerly part of Nortel Networks)June 1999 to December 2000Software Engineer Level Two
- Developed embedded software in C, C++, and assembly (MIPS and PowerPC) for DOCSIS 1.1 broadband cable devices (data and voice over cable television lines). Worked as part of a multi-site team developing large-scale carrier-grade equipment.
- Ported a large base of software from the Nucleus Plus embedded operating system to VxWorks 5.4.
- Designed and developed low-level device drivers for Broadcom and Texas Instruments controller chips.
- Developed a suite of automated test scripts written in Tcl on a Linux server, utilizing Netcom Smartbits network testing devices.
Harvard University Extension SchoolSeptember 1998 to February 1999Teaching Assistant
- Advanced-level C++ programming class.
- Taught 30 students for one hour per week, graded projects and tests, and held office hours to assist students with assignments.
MERL - A Mitsubishi Electric Research LaboratoryJune 1998 to June 1999Intern
- Research and development of electronic devices: Self-describing Building Blocks. Project was presented at Siggraph 2000.
- Created a graphical application in OpenGL and Visual C++. Developed embedded software in PIC Assembly Language.
- Named as co-inventor for two patents.
Tufts UniversityMay 1999B.S., Computer Engineering
- GPA 3.59 out of 4.0.
- Pertinent course work: Communications Systems, Advanced Microprocessor Architecture, Data Structures in C++, GUI design, CMOS VLSI Design, Digital Logic Systems.